So, you’ve requested a free Home Energy Assessment and are wondering what happens next? My name is Rachel Comrie, Energy Advisor in The HEAT Project, and my visit to your home will take no longer than an hour of your time during which I will cover the following:
· A short chat about what you want out of the home visit, your energy concerns and discussion about your energy awareness. Changing little things can make a big difference!
· A walk-about survey of the property discussing areas such as wall, roof and floor insulation, any additional heating, the condition of windows and doors and any draughts caused by them.
· Having a look at your property’s space and water heating systems, looking at how to use your heating controls to minimise the amount of energy you use.
· Taking an initial electricity meter reading.
· Discussing the best use of appliances and how you could save money quick by changing little habits.
· Providing you with information on the number of ways you can generate your own energy at home from e.g. microgeneration technology for heat and electricity.
· Giving you an update on the latest about the Scottish Government’s Renewable Heating Incentive (RHI) and Feed-in Tariff.
· Assist you with reading your energy bill.
Once the home visit is completed I will write up a short report and summarise the advice and recommendations you can implement in your home to help you keep cosy in the winter and keep your energy bills as low as possible at the same time
I will contact you from time to time to find out how you are doing or whether you need further assistance – but that is basically it. A very easy process.